Useful information for schools and colleges
This part of our website provides access to useful information and resources for teachers and careers advisers about study in Higher Education and at Leeds Metropolitan University.
Our liaison team provides a range of services to support schools and colleges such as visits onto campus, our staff and student ambassadors meeting you, summer school residentials and resources which you can use in the classroom.
The aim of this page is simple - to ensure people understand how higher education works, so they or those they support can make an informed choice about going to university.
Services we offer
- Visit us - You can bring a group of students to our open days, campus tours or visit us at a UCAS Fair at a town or city near you.
- We can come to you - We offer various in-school presentations and interactive workshops aimed at different groups of students on topics such as writing personal statements, changes to student finance and more. Current students can also come and talk to groups about what it's really like to study at university.
- Summer Schools - We host a range of summer schools for all ages and interests, from primary to post-16 level.
- Progression Module - Our study programme is designed to help young people through the higher education decision-making process. On successful completion students are awarded 30 UCAS points recognised by several local universities, including Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds Trinity University College and the University of Huddersfield.
We can also organise bespoke visits to you on our campuses. We can offer specialist advice and activities to meet the needs of you and your students.
For more information about any of our services or to discuss your requirements please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful classroom resources
The following are presentations you can use to inform your students about Higher Education and the opportunities available.
- Funding your studies 2014/15 - Provides students with an overview of the changes to tuition fees, how the repayments work and what financial support is available.
- The UCAS process - Explains the UCAS process and provides advice on how to write a good personal statement.
- Life at Leeds Metropolitan - Provides an overview of the opportunities available at Leeds Metropolitan to enhance students CVs, including volunteering and study abroad, as well as our sporting facilities and details of our accommodation.
For more information you can visit: