Postal Services are responsible for handling all of the University's mail and provide expert advice and information on a range of postage options.
Postal Services has relocated some of its operations to City Campus, resulting in changes to some of its services.
- Same-day dispatch of mail and parcels can now only take place before 2.15pm at the Headingley Campus mailroom.
- Collection times have been brought forward to ensure pick-up takes place in time to meet this deadline.
- These updated collection times are listed on the right-hand side of the page.
- Mail and parcels collected after 2.15pm (Monday to Friday) from Headingley Campus and Carnegie Stadium will be dispatched the following day.
- Urgent mail can be posted in the Royal Mail post box outside the Headingley Campus Student Hub ( to request 1st class stamps for emergencies please email email@example.com) please specify large or small letter stamps and the quantity require also the postal charge code they need to be charged to.
The Ultimate Green Transport
Mail from our satellite buildings will be collected by `Go-getter Despatch`.
- Please ensure mail is placed for collection in the designated areas, in the mail pouches provided, the postal charge code needs to be applied.
- Any large items, mail shots and boxes must be booked through the CARES Helpdesk: call 28585 or email CARESHelpdesk@leedsmet.ac.uk.
- Mail must be ready at the collection points by 10.30am for the morning collection and 2.00pm for the afternoon collection to ensure same-day dispatch.
How can I find out the postcode of a University building?
How can I find the postcode of an external address?
Types of mailing
How do I know what class I should send my mail?
How do I send bulk mail?
How can I arrange for something to be delivered by courier?
I have a parcel I need to be delivered, what do I need to do?
How do I send mail that is trackable and what do I do to trace its progress?
I need to send something by first class, what do I do?
How do I send mail to an international destination?
Collection times and dates
When will my mail be collected?
How to prepare your mail
How should I prepare and label my mail?
What is my postal charge code?
Can I send and receive my personal mail through the University?
How can I help ensure that my mail is delivered efficiently?
How can I help reduce my unwanted mail?