The OVP is an online approval system for all overseas travel undertaken by staff members on behalf of the University.
All staff looking to travel outside of the UK must submit an OVP to be approved before travel.
Our International Office implemented the OVP (Overseas Visit Proposal) system to ensure that all staff requests to travel overseas are approved prior to travel, in accordance with University regulations.
- All requests for travel outside of the UK are authorised by the online automated approval process.
- The system ensures all travel requests are considered in an open and consistent manner across the University, in accordance with official policy and guidelines.
- The system captures information such as emergency contact details, visit costs/budget codes, the authorised class of travel, and details of other staff travelling to particular countries.
- The system works by using automated emails that are sent to approvers, travellers and other interested parties who are informed once a proposal has been authorised (E.g. Insurance, the Mobiles team, Finance Departments and Co-Op Travel, our external travel supplier).
- The parties who approve proposals are consistent across the University.
- No travel bookings or financial commitments are permitted unless a visit has been approved via the system.
OVPs should be submitted within 31 days of travel, to encourage earlier bookings. If for any reason this is not possible, please contact email@example.com to submit a late OVP. You will be asked why the submission is late.