Use Elluminate to run online meetings, teaching sessions or conferences.
Watch a short (90 sec) video from Sally Glen, DVC Student Experience explaining the context for her support of web conferencing with Elluminate.
Please browse the resources below to help you get started with setting up your first one-to-one meeting and keep going onto one-to-many meetings using Elluminate.
If you are interested in finding out more about setting up these sessions for yourself and others please e-mail Xemail@example.com and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements and arrange dates and times.
Hints, Tips and Examples
Get Started (1 to 1 Meeting)
Follow these steps to get started with Elluminate:
- Contact X-Stream Support on ext.25410 or Xfirstname.lastname@example.org to get your Elluminate username and password.
- Create your online session using the Elluminate Live Manager (See Video or PDF)
- Share your session link via email (See Video) or via X-stream (See Video)
- Test your audio set up (See Video or PDF)
- Get familiar with the Elluminate screen (See PDF)
- If you have a webcam, you may want to use it (See PDF)
Keep Going (1 to Many Meeting)
Make sure you are already familiar with everything in 'Getting Started':
Upload your presentation to the whiteboard (See PDF
You can also share an application with participants. You can work together on Word, Excel or any other software you have installed on your PC (See PDF
Make participants into moderators. They can then do things like upload a Powerpoint or host a shared application. (See PDF
Create 'breakout rooms' to facilitate group work (See PDF
View the recording. You can access a recording 15mins after the last person correctly leaves your session. (See Video
Elluminate Video Guides
Elluminate PDF User Guides