Alumni Relations manages corporate fundraising and sponsorship as well as marketing to our worldwide network of graduates (our alumni).
We seek out, cultivate and steward mutually beneficial, lifelong relationships with our communities to advance our university.
We accomplish this by facilitating engagement, maximising fundraising opportunities and strengthening connections with our university.
Come to us if you need:
- Advice on and support with alumni relations activities, communications and engagement strategies.
- To contact alumni or require alumni data*.
- To discuss possible content to be included in our alumni newsletters.
- To discuss ideas for content and features in Momentum, our bi-annual alumni magazine.
- Assessment of projects to establish how philanthropically attractive they are.
- Information and profiles about potential donors (prospects) for specific projects.
- Training in fundraising techniques or briefings for events with potential donors/funders.
- Someone to help you approach prospects.
We have seven main areas of responsibility:
- Income – we generate income to support projects of strategic importance to our university.
- Products – we help to establish our university’s funding commitments and fundraising products.
- Pipeline – we consolidate and grow our prospect pipeline by building relationships with potential and existing funders and friends.
- Database – we improve the quality and accuracy of biographical, geographical and career profile information held on our alumni database.
- Profile – we raise the profile and help to drive a culture of development and fundraising internally and externally.
- Transcript requests - we act as a liaison point for alumni requesting transcripts.
- Marketing – we provide a full range of marketing and communications materials to support our work and to raise the profile of our university.
If you would like to contact your alumni, please contact us to see how we can assist you with this. For example, we can advertise events in our regular targeted communications.
If you would like specific data on alumni, please download and complete a data request form and email it to us. Once approved, these requests take up to five working days.