The Campus Fitness programme offers classes to students, staff and the public at a variety of times and days throughout term time at both the Headingley and City Campuses. Click here to see a promotional video of our fitness classes!
Classes are free to student and staff sports membership holders, and £4 to casual users (£4.50 to the public).
Classes run from Monday 17th September to Friday 14th December 2012, and from Monday 14th January to Friday 24th May 2013 (excluding the Easter holidays).
Please click on the following link to view the 2012/13 Fitness Class Timetable
Please click on the following link to view the Fitness Class Descriptions
University Sport have introduced a new loyalty scheme for customers who regularly attend classes. The 'Keep Coming!' card is free to pick up from either the Carnegie Sports Centre Reception at Headingley Campus, or the Fitness Centre Reception at City Campus. Every time you attend a class, just get your card signed, dated and stamped by the receptionist. The more classes you attend the more prizes you receive, from water bottles to t-shirts to free sports memberships!
We are also keen to hear your feedback about our classes. So if you have any comments or ideas about the classes, what you would like to see on offer, or how we can improve our service to you, then please contact: Sarah Humphreys, Sports Participation Manager, on 0113 812 4851, or at email@example.com
Strength & Power Series
British Weightlifting have launched the 'British University Strength & Power Series' which is open to any student or staff member at Leeds Met, and is running until Friday 24th May in the gym at Carnegie Sports Centre.
How to enter the series:
1) Complete the Strength Challenge, which is a 1 rep max on the Leg Press.
2) Complete the Power Challenge, which is how far you can cycle in 10 minutes on the exercise bike.
3) Add the weight in kg to the distance in metres and record your score on either the male or female chart located in the gym on the noticeboard.
4) At the end of term, British Weightlifting will then publish a ranking for Leeds Met and how we compare to other universities.
5) There are prizes for the top male and top female entries!
Why not get fitter by swimming? Swimming is a great all-round exercise which not only helps tone those muscles, but vastly improves your cardiovascular fitness.
To download a Swim4Fitness session pack, please click here.
For more information, please contact:
Sports Participation Manager,
0113 812 4851,