Leeds Met Squash Club is one of the most successful student clubs in the university thriving in both team and social squash.
In total we have 3 men's teams and 3 women's team all competing at the top of their respected BUCS leagues.
The social players are also very important to the club and we regularly hold tournaments, ladders and weekly coaching sessions to cater for them. Students of all abilities are welcome to attend sessions and are encouraged into the club. The club has also started a racketball programme that is open to all.
Our calendar comprises:
· 2x coached sessions plus per week for all team players
· 2x Recreational sessions per week and a ladies only session
· 2x Racketball sessions per week
· 6 for 6 session ending with a competition
· Social squash which is a chance for all abilities to mix
· Leeds Metropolitan University Doubles Competition
· Racketcise a brand new exercise class
The Dates and times for the programme will be updated shortly, along with team trials and club taster sessions.
Coaching staff for the programme:
· Kirsty Mcphee- England Squash and Racketball level 3 coach, Rackets sports development officer and head of Squash and Racketball at Leeds Met. East Midlands Regional Coach
· Vanessa Atkinson- Former world number 1, head coach for the Dutch women's National team
· Alex Hodgetts- New club captain for Squash and Racketball at Leeds Met, also an England Squash and Racketball level 2 Coach
For more information on the squash programme please contact:
Racket Sports Development Officer
0113 812 3737