Society, Law & Politics
- SHOWCASE:The CeBEís report evaluating the Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust development at Elm Tree Mews was highlighted by Housing Minister Andrew Stunnell in his speech to the Liberal Democrat Conference.
- SHOWCASE:Leeds Metropolitanís Diversity, Equity and Inclusion research centre looks at the issues facing gender equity in the work place. Hilary Sommerlad and Dr Samantha Holland explore whether women judges are still an oxymoron and specific sector examples.
- SHOWCASE:Leeds Metropolitanís Director for the Centre of Tourism and Cultural Change (CTCC), Professor Mike Robinson, visited Bilad al Sham (Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon) to investigate the changing relationship between local heritage, community identity and tourism
- The Law research unit has four principal socio-legal areas of enquiry. It works in partnership with key stakeholders to enhance capability and improve legal competencies in a rapidly changing local, national and global environment.
- The Centre for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion engages in critical research & analysis that aims to redress inequalities across the broad areas of sport, leisure, physical education, schooling and education.
- The International Centre for Responsible Tourism Management works with international partners, aiming to harness tourism to make "better places for people to live in and for people to visit."
- The CTCC is a leading international centre for critical research relating to the relationships between tourism, tourists and culture.
- Be part of one of the UKís leading university-based centres for applied policy and social research. We are recognised nationally and internationally as an established and reputable practice.