Psychology and Society
- SHOWCASE:Leeds Metropolitan’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion research centre looks at the issues facing gender equity in the work place. Hilary Sommerlad and Dr Samantha Holland explore whether women judges are still an oxymoron and specific sector examples.
- SHOWCASE:The CeBE’s report evaluating the Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust development at Elm Tree Mews was highlighted by Housing Minister Andrew Stunnell in his speech to the Liberal Democrat Conference.
- Academic staff in the School’s Criminology Subject Group share research expertise in the areas of violence, criminal records, sex offending and sex work, youth justice and social exclusion, ethnicity and crime, social cohesion , poverty, and criminology.
- Cultural Studies and Humanities focuses on research into English Literature, History, including social and cultural history, Media and Cultural Studies, including Policy and Planning.
- Be part of one of the UK’s leading university-based centres for applied policy and social research. We are recognised nationally and internationally as an established and reputable practice.
- Research in PAGE is inter-disciplinary in nature and is aligned with our philosophy of applying intellectual rigour to real world problems, with the aim of promoting progressive social change. This is demonstrated by our Praxis Centre.
- Research in Psychology at Leeds Metropolitan University is focused on developing new knowledge and understanding of people and how they behave and on identifying ways of applying this knowledge to improve the world in which we live.
- Academic staff in the School’s Sociology Subject Group share research expertise in the areas of identities in particular gender (women and femininities as well as men and masculinities), sexuality, and sociology of work.
- Academic staff in the School’s Speech and Language Therapy team share research expertise in adult and child speech, language and communication disorders, swallowing and voice disorders, voice care, bilingualism, language acquisition, stammering...