To help meet the increasing demand for primary schools to teach languages, Leeds Metropolitan University has developed French & Spanish courses for primary school teachers.
Studying this course will enable you to confidently deliver language classes, through practicing activities that you can use in lessons and working with class materials appropriate to the syllabus for primaries in Yorkshire.
Taught by experienced staff, our part-time evening classes are aimed at helping existing and aspiring primary school teachers develop their basic French or Spanish language skills.
This course has been improved after previous student feedback and will:
Build confidence in your language ability
Practice some activities that you can use in your own class
Obtain credits towards a Certificate in Language and Related Studies
Learn from expert tutors in a professional learning environment
Attend evening classes that fit around your commitments and schools holidays
Gain access to the University's excellent Carnegie sport facilities and 24/7 library
- Course fees: £175 for 26-week (65 hours) course
- Start dates: Leeds - Week beginning of 1 October 2012
- French class times: Leeds Monday 18.00 - 20.30
- Spanish class times: Leeds Tuesday 18.00 - 20.30
- Places of study: Leeds - Leeds Metropolitan University, Headingley Campus, Leeds, LS6 3QS
- Payment: Fees or payment details must be enclosed with the application form. Individuals can pay or schools can sponsor staff. If you want to pay by invoice, a letter of confirmation and authorisation from your school must be provided on application.
- Travel: Free parking is available at Headingley Campus after 3.30pm and the campus is well served by public transport. Parking is also available at Rossett Extended School, which is also well served by public transport.