- Enterprising students win awards for new businesses
Two Leeds Metropolitan students and a graduate have been awarded the University's Vice Chancellor's Enterprise Scholarships, worth £3,000 each, to help them take their business ideas forward.
- Professor is new Chair of Global Alliance
A Leeds Metropolitan University Professor has been named as the Chair of a prestigious public relations confederation.
- PR lecturer awarded prestigious industry Fellowship
Richard Bailey, Senior Lecturer at our University and editor of Behind the Spin, has been announced as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR).
- Innovating with business and technology at Leeds Met
App development, smartphones and cloud computing were just some of the topics on the agenda at a Leeds Metropolitan University event, which tackled how best to use technology to fuel innovation and business growth.
- Business coach to give inspiring talk at Leeds Met
A writer, speaker and business coach, specialising in progressive approaches for talent management, is to give a guest lecture at our University.
- Budding journalists provide live coverage of budget day 2013
Students on the BA (Hons) Journalism course produced a rolling multi-media news service which included live blogging, tweeting and filming from the day's events.
- Center Parcs CEO to present at Leeds Met
Martin Dalby, the CEO of Center Parcs UK, is to give a guest lecture at Leeds Metropolitan University about his career at the helm of the short break holiday company.
- Student design concepts set to shine at international showcase
Retail students from Leeds Metropolitan University are set to showcase their talents at one of the UK's largest and most respected trade shows, The International Food and Drink Event (IFE).
- Law and sports conference to be held at Leeds Met
Lance Armstrong and corruption in sport are just two of the topics to be tackled by leading law and sports experts, set to speak at a Leeds Metropolitan University conference.
- University Chancellor scholarships add up
Our University's new Chancellor, Sir Bob Murray CBE, is to support disadvantaged students studying on courses in Accounting at the University through the launch of a new scholarship.
- Yorkshire Ambulance Deputy Chief to give guest lecture
The Deputy Chief Executive of the Yorkshire Ambulance Service (YAS) NHS Trust is set to deliver a guest lecture at Leeds Metropolitan University about 'The Importance of Employee Engagement'.
- Student investment success
A group of six students have won the annual student investment club challenge, run by Leeds Metropolitan University in partnership with Redmayne-Bentley Stockbrokers in Leeds.
- Students rise to the challenge
Students from the Faculty of Business & Law have risen to the IBM Universities Business Challenge and made it to the finals of the UK's leading undergraduate business simulation competition.
- Claire Mascall PR Prize winner announced
Madeline Arnold, a final year PR student at Leeds Metropolitan University, has been awarded this year's prestigious Claire Mascall PR Prize.
- Forensic accounting expert to host lecture at Leeds Met
Forensic accounting expert Chris Clements, who is a partner at global professional services network - Grant Thornton, is to give a guest lecture at Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Retail expert to discuss the future of interactive packaging
Leeds Metropolitan University's Professor of Retail Innovation is to host a public lecture about the future of interactive packaging.
- Lance Armstrong: Doping in sport and crisis communications
In light of Oprah Winfrey's exclusive television interview with Lance Armstrong, who has ended years of denials by admitting he used performance-enhancing drugs during all seven of his Tour de France wins, two Leeds Met academics offer their thoughts.
- Banking Chief's talk at Leeds Metropolitan
Tom Vosa - Yorkshire Bank's Chief Economist has given a guest lecture at Leeds Metropolitan University about current developments influencing the UK and regional economy.
- Banking Chief to talk at Leeds Metropolitan
Tom Vosa - Yorkshire Bank's Chief Economist is to give a guest lecture at Leeds Metropolitan University about current developments influencing the UK and regional economy.
- Leeds Business School - British Council Report seeks to strengthen Leeds - Chinese business links
A joint Leeds Met/ZJUT report which highlights future growth opportunities for businesses in Yorkshire with an interest in China is to be launched by Leeds Metropolitan University with Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou.
- Live streaming social media lecture success
A guest lecture tackling the dos and don'ts of personal branding via social media took place at Leeds Met last week as well as being live-streamed on the internet.
- Professor to appear on BBC's Inside Out
Cathy Barnes, Professor of Retail Innovation at Leeds Metropolitan University is to appear on the BBC Inside Out programme.
- Social media lecture goes live
An innovative public lecture to be held at our University, tackling the dos and don'ts of personal branding via social media, will be live-streamed on the internet.
- Making marketing innovative at Leeds Met
International entrepreneur John Peters is to give a guest lecture at Leeds Metropolitan University about the evolution of marketing as both a discipline and a practice.
- Leeds Law School appoints new Head
Our University has appointed Tom Macdonald as Head of the Leeds Law School.
- Embracing the future of Journalism at Leeds Met
Yorkshire Post Business Editor Bernard Ginns, is to give a guest lecture at Leeds Metropolitan University about the ever-changing world of journalism.
- Business leaders to go for gold at Leeds Met lecture
Leeds Rugby Chief Executive, Gary Hetherington and Malcolm Brown, coach to Olympic medallists Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee are to speak at an inaugural business lecture at Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Maximising female corporate talent at Leeds Met lecture
A lecture, which explores how to maximise female talent in the corporate environment, is to be held at Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Digital marketing expert to explore best practice for success
Five-time best-selling business book author Dave Chaffey is to give a talk at Leeds Metropolitan, discussing the best practices in digital marketing.
- International entrepreneur leads the way
A leading businessman, awarded an MBE by the Queen for his extensive charity work, is set to give a guest lecture at Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Strive to be remarkable at Leeds Met guest lecture
Terry Hodgkinson CBE, the business expert and former chairman of the regional development agency Yorkshire Forward, knows a thing or two about how to be an inspirational leader.
- New Associate Deans for Leeds Met
Leeds Metropolitan University is delighted to welcome two new Associate Deans to its Faculty of Business and Law.
- Multiculturalism experts to present at literary festival
Leeds Metropolitan University academics will examine some of the key debates around multiculturalism at the Ilkley Literature Festival tomorrow evening.
- Entrepreneurs to be honoured at Enterprise Awards
The achievements of inspiring entrepreneurial Leeds Metropolitan students and graduates will be celebrated at the University's Enterprise Awards.
- Expert debates shipping crises and social media
A shipping crisis can go half way around the world in the blink of an eye, often without the knowledge of senior management, warns a Leeds Metropolitan University issues and crisis handling expert.
- Guardian journalist and author receives University honour
Journalist, author, blogger, charity trustee and moth expert, Martin Wainwright has received an honorary degree from Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Business boost for budding entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurial graduates from Leeds Metropolitan University are being offered the chance to transform their business idea into reality with a £3,000 scholarship
- Leeds Law School launches new course for paralegals
An innovative new course for Paralegals, which is the first of its kind in the UK, will be launched by Leeds Law School at an event held on Thursday 12 July.
- Leeds Leaders at 'Inspiring Business Excellence' Dinner
Held at the Rose Bowl last week, guests attended the 'Inspiring Business Excellence' event organised to celebrate success and collaboration.
- Music journalist to give guest lecture at Leeds Metropolitan
Guardian columnist, novelist and BBC broadcaster Laura Barton, who has interviewed celebrities including superstar Lady Gaga, is to deliver a guest lecture at Leeds Metropolitan University on Wednesday 22 February.
- Event to prepare local business for the next generation
Business leaders across Yorkshire are being invited to the first Mobile and Apps in Marketing Conference at our University on Wednesday 4 July.
- Terry Hodgkinson Public Lecture
Recently-appointed visiting professor in the Faculty of Business & Law, Terry Hodgkinson, shared his experience and insight on inspirational leadership on Wednesday 19 October to a packed-out audience at the Rose Bowl.
- Retail expert joins Leeds Metropolitan
Dr Cathy Barnes has joined Leeds Metropolitan University as Professor of Retail Innovation and Director of the Faraday Centre for Retail Excellence.
- Researchers reveal key to guiding jobseekers back to work
A new report by our University and the University of Derby outlines how the unemployed and UK businesses can benefit by engaging with careers guidance services, smoothing the process of getting jobseekers back into work.
- The Leeds Met SEAT Challenge
Leeds Metropolitan is one of ten universities invited to contribute to a high profile branding project for the car firm SEAT UK Ltd.
- Lecture to launch Faraday Centre for Retail Excellence
Professor Cathy Barnes will deliver an inaugural lecture to celebrate the launch of the Faraday Centre for Retail Excellence at Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Faculty of Business & Law Christmas charity collection
2011 saw the beginning of a new Christmas charity venture for the Faculty of Business & Law
- Boost your business with new Leeds Met scheme
A pioneering new programme at Leeds Metropolitan University has been launched to create graduate employment and promote collaboration between Leeds universities and local business.
- Our students in Hong Kong have graduated in the Far East
Graduating students completed degrees at the Vocational Training Council (VTC) in Hong Kong in subjects including Accounting & Finance, Multimedia & Entertainment Technology and Marketing
- Faraday Centre for Retail Excellence launched at Leeds Metropolitan University
A centre that will inform retail consumer behaviour has been launched at Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Cosmopolitan meets Metropolitan
Cosmopolitan Editor and journalist, Louise Court, will be speaking about her career and welcoming questions from students at Leeds Metropolitan University on Wednesday 28 March.
- Future of packaging debated at Faraday
An Innovation Day hosted by the Faraday Centre for Retail Excellence at our University with the Packaging Arena of Sweden brought together experts from across Sweden to discuss the future of packaging materials.
- Cosmo editor shares top career tips
Cosmopolitan editor and journalist, Louise Court, joined journalism and PR students to share her top tips for a successful career in the magazine industry.
- New marketing director at Leeds Metropolitan
Leeds Metropolitan University has appointed Deborah Green, former Chief Executive of Marketing Leeds, as Director of Marketing.
- Legal practice says "You're hired!"
Natalie Milnes, a former student of Leeds Met University, beat off the challenges of more than 60 fellow newly-qualified graduates to land a job as a trainee solicitor with Metis Law, following an 'Apprentice' styled selection process.
- Freedom of the Press: Journalism students to report
Students on the undergraduate journalism course have been invited to participate in the Reporters Without Borders International Press Freedom Index 2012