From the moment you arrive, our aim is to make you feel at home. Maybe that's why we're a real favourite with international students - we have over 27,000 representing more than 125 nationalities at our University.
Here are a few reasons why international students make us their first choice:
- We offer free English language support if you want to improve your academic English and study skills. It will also help you adapt to life and culture in the UK.
- We're ranked first in the UK for personal tutors, third for course organisation and performance feedback, and fourth for learning spaces (International Student Barometer 2013, Autumn Wave. The survey consists of 53 UK universities).
- Student advice – we’ll provide guidance and help on areas such as immigration, employment, financial difficulties, childcare facilities, emotional support and anything else you'd like to talk about.
- We are one of only two universities in the UK to achieve the Customer Service Excellence standard from the Government thanks to our dedication to customer satisfaction. In particular, we were commended for the way we ensure student safety and our 24/7 library access.
- Earn while you learn - we have one of the largest student employment agencies in the country providing more than 170,000 hours of paid work for students each year.
Why come to Leeds?
- Situated in the centre of the UK, Leeds is easily accessible by rail, train, road and air and is less than two and a half hours from London
- Leeds is a modern international city and one of the most popular student destinations in the UK
- Leeds Bradford International Airport handles almost three million passengers per year (Leeds Live it Love it). Flights are available to destinations worldwide
- Leeds has a population of 750,700 and two million people live within a 30 minute drive of the city centre
- Already one of the country's top shopping destinations, Leeds' retail sector was transformed in 2013 with the opening of the £350 million Trinity Leeds shopping and leisure centre, right in the heart of the city
- Leeds is the largest employer in the UK for information and communications, sport and recreation, and business services. Leeds is also recognised as the most important legal centre outside London