From the moment you arrive, our aim is to make you feel at home. Maybe that's why we're a real favourite with international students - we have over 27,000 representing more than 125 nationalities here at Leeds Metropolitan.
Here are a few reasons why international students make us their first choice:
- We offer free English language support if you want to improve your academic English and study skills. It will also help you adapt to life and culture in the UK
- We're ranked second in the UK for learning spaces, fifth for campus buildings and third for class sizes (International Student Barometer 2013, Summer Wave)
- Student advice – we’ll provide guidance and help on areas such as immigration, employment, financial difficulties, childcare facilities, emotional support and anything else you'd like to talk about
- Earn while you learn - one of the largest student employment agencies in the country providing 170,000 hours of paid work per year
Why come to Leeds?
- Situated in the centre of the UK, Leeds is easily accessible by rail, train, road and air and is less than two and a half hours from London
- Leeds is a modern international city and one of the most popular student destinations in the UK
- Leeds Bradford International Airport handles almost three million passengers per year (Leeds Live it Love it). Flights are available to destinations worldwide
- Leeds has a population of 750,700 and two million people live within a 30 minute drive of the city centre
- Already one of the country's top shopping destinations, Leeds' retail sector was transformed in 2013 with the opening of the £350 million Trinity Leeds shopping and leisure centre, right in the heart of the city
- The largest employer in the UK for information and communications, sport and recreation, and business services. Leeds is also recognised as the most important legal centre outside London