Feeling at home
Whether you’re moving to Leeds from another city, another country or simply moving from a local school or college to study with us, we will give you a warm welcome.
Your first few weeks
Our Welcome Week will help you settle into university life so you get to know you way around our campuses and the city of Leeds. Here are a few activities available to you:
- Library tours – 24/7 libraries with free Wi-Fi that will come in handy for all those assignments
- Faculty welcome sessions – we’ll introduce you to your tutors and show you where all the facilities for your course are
- Course inductions – your tutors will run through what you’ll study in your first year and what your options are
- Information fair – get all the information you need on city life, accommodation, sports facilities, where to go for advice and anything else that you will need while at university
- City walks – it can be easy to get lost in a new city, so we’ve set up city walks to show you where all the shops, parks, restaurants and bars are
Our Student Union has a number of societies and volunteering options running, so you can meet new people, create friendships and discover Leeds Metropolitan and Leeds with others. Have a look and see what you activities you can be part of!
Here to help
If you’re having trouble settling in and feeling at home, we are here to help. Simply visit one of our Student Hubs to access our range of support services such as student wellbeing, financial support and the University Chaplaincy.