Facts and figures
- We have around 28,000 students in total
- International students come to us from over 100 different countries around the globe
- Over 9,000 part time students enjoy flexible study opportunities with us
- Over 3,000 students are currently on Leeds Metropolitan University programmes abroad
- We have around 3,100 post graduate students
Our university employs just over 2,900 staff, making us one of the most significant employers in the region - around half of these are academic staff.
Leeds is the UK's largest centre for financial and professional services outside London, with more than 30 national and international banks located in the city. Our university's impact on the economy is worth around £450m per annum.